To make payments safer than ever, Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) is an EU requirement that’s set in place to reduce fraud. In this way, the SCA requirement will demand customers use at least two of the three following authentication measures:
- Something the customer knows (password or pin).
- Something the customer has (phone or laptop).
- Something the customer is (fingerprint or face recognition).
- Facial recognition or fingerprint (something they are) with your smartphone (something they own).
- A code sent to their smartphone (something they own) with a personal password (something they know).