On 31 October, the banks will shut down the use of NemID for private users - this applies to online and mobile banking solutions. It will thus not be possible to use NemID in the bank, get a NemID issued via your bank or use NemID to authorize online payments.
Aiia, as a Third Party Provider (TPP), is subject to the switch from NemID to MitID.
If you have a NemID and you need to continue using your bank's self-service, you must switch to MitID by 31 October 2022. After that date, you will no longer be able to use NemID for online solutions, mobile banking or online shopping.
More information about MitID can be found here:
MitID private for business:
If you own your business or if you have the authority to sign for a business, as of now you can use your private NemID, e.g. to check company mail, report VAT and pay invoices. That solution, NemID private for business, becomes MitID private for business.
You don't need to do anything extra to get MitID private for business. It happens automatically, when you get your private MitID.
MitID for Business:
The rollout for MitID Erhverv will take place continuously from October 2022. Individual companies will be notified when they can move to MitID Erhverv. Companies and associations with up to three employee signatures come first. They make up 90 per cent. of all companies and associations that must be transferred to MitID Erhverv.
What happens when?
- 22 September 2021:
- NemLog-in is ready with the public MitID broker, which will enable citizens to log in with their MitID to public services. In addition, employees in MitID's registration units in banks and municipalities (RA employees) are supported.
- 4 April 2022 :
- The signing solution is ready, and it will be possible for citizens to sign a document or agreement in public solutions with MitID.
- October 2022:
- MitID Erhverv will be continuously rolled out to companies from October 2022. Before then, the solution will be tested in a pilot phase.
- Beginning of 2023:
- Large companies and public authorities can move to MitID Erhverv at the beginning of 2023. This is also when support for local IdP solutions is launched.
Check whether your business or association can use ‘MitID privat til erhverv’ on virk.dk
Register a representative for an association on virk.dk
Read what some Banks are saying:
- DanskeBank has migrated completely from NemId to MitID. NemId logins are no longer possible, and all customers are required to re-login using MitID.
Sparekassen Kronjylland: https://www.sparkron.dk/privat/selvbetjening/mitid